Friday, October 5, 2012

How to use Feathers in Home Decor

It's fall and that means many of you will be pulling out your fall decor and sprucing things up a bit. I think it's fun to add a little something new each year to the mix.  If you like doing this too, try adding feathers this year.

Feathers bring a natural element, don't take up a ton of space and instantly bring a light and airy feel to your space.

Have you thought about feathers much? Have you realized what a work of art they are? I think they're simply fascinating. This picture proves just that...

When I saw Bianca's collection, I instantly wondered where such beauties could be found. Etsy, of course! Is there anything not sold on etsy?!






Great prices, right? No need to break the bank to add a special touch to your space. 

A few ways I've used feathers...
Put a handful in an apothecary jar.

or
Shop your house or Goodwill for an unusual vase or jar to hold your treasures.

Hope this inspires you to do a little feather hunting this weekend, friends. Till next week...

2 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

I don't think there's anything more beautiful than nature simply displayed!

Lisa at Shine Your Light said...

Dana, I LOVE how you have them displayed in an apothecary jar. How pretty!! I too love bringing in natural elements to the house but I never thought of displaying feathers. Thank you for the pretty inspirations. Hope you have a great weekend!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips