home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Two words...Library.Ladder.

It's been less than a week since my original post on library ladders and look what has taken up residence in our living room!
I decided to start searching Craigslist, thinking it'd take forever for one to pop up. I was oh so surprised when I ran across this Monday. In a matter of minutes of seeing the post I was literally on my way to pick it up.

See that pretty little "P" on the wheel cover? That's one of the reasons I moved so fast. 

And, here's what that "P" stands for... Putnam Rolling Ladders have been around since the early 1900's and have quite the reputation in the world of personal libraries. They're known for their superior quality and craftsmanship. Putnam Ladders' clientele includes people like President George Bush and Diane von Furstenburg. I'm pretty sure they didn't buy theirs off of Craigslist. What do you think? ;)

Of course, when you get top quality you pay top dollar, so the $100 price tag attached to the craigslist post had me hearing angels singing! Have I mentioned that I received a quote from my carpenter for $1000 just for the ladder? Yikes! I bet my carpenter's version wouldn't have those pretty brass bars on the underneath side of each rung or the awesome patina this one proudly wears.

The treads are in excellent shape. They look worn in this photo but it's really just dirt. With a little elbow grease it'll soon be evident that this particular ladder has barely been used.

I have absolutely no idea when the "library" will be built (may be years from now) to go along with this ladder, but it was too good to pass up. The picture above is similar to the idea rattling around in my brain as to what our wall will look like when it comes to fruition. It will certainly have books but won't necessarily resemble an actual library wall. I like to think of it more as a place for our family treasures!

4 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
that's all.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Dana!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! What a find! You are making my library dreams come true - when I come to visit you someday, I'm going to zip back and forth on your living room wall like a 5 year old. Can't wait. :)

pam {simple details} said...

That is the BEST Craigslist find!! I'm so happy it's yours, sweet friend! Who cares if it there's a library behind it's quite the statement on it's own!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I've used Craigslist in California, Arizona, and Utah, an DFW blows them ALL away with their amazing supply of awesome. That ladder ---> INCREDIBLE. Even the dirt looks pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips