John made the headboard. I know you're not surprised, because we all know by now that John has mad skills.
I typically do the finishing work on our projects, i.e. sanding, caulking, painting, etc, but I got out super easy on this one. We didn't finish any of it! Raw, natural and minimal.
We used select pine as the main pieces and primed MDF for the surround. The lighting in this shot makes it look a tad more yellow than it actually is. The below shots are a better representation of the true color.
I picked up the Snake Plant at Home Depot and it's supposed to be really hard to kill. I've had it for about 4 months now and so far so good. If you have a black thumb, this is a keeper!
I decided to nix throw pillows on the bed for several reasons. One, I didn't want to cover up John's hard work. And, two, guests don't have to worry about fussing with a ton of pillows. This frees up their time to visit more with us!
So, after 15 months of living in this house, here's the slow progression of this room:
Right after moving in. Pretty much a catch all space.
Finally got around to getting rid of the things I knew wouldn't work with my new vision and also got rid of the yellow paint color. New paint, Seashell by Benjamin Moore.
Plain and simple.