home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Wanted...your opinion!

Let me introduce you to my cute friend, Rachel. When she woke up last Friday morning, she had no idea what I would be roping her into later that day....buying and hauling cinderblocks. Who needs CrossFit when you have a friend like me?!
Rachel has a massive outdoor project underway and I knew she'd share my adoration for these mid-century modern beauties I ran across on Craigslist. Funny thing is that neither of us had/have an exact idea of what we were going to do with them but just knew they were too good to pass up.

A close-up so you can appreciate the goodness...dirt, cobwebs and all.

Initially, I saw them and thought, "Those would make a killer bench!" I figured it was silly to buy too many since I don't even know where I'll be living 2 months from now. I even talked myself into passing on the find but then I just couldn't get them out of my mind. Hence, my hurried call to Rachel saying, "Quick, I've found something cool. You need them too. We have to hurry if we're going to be home before the kids get out of school!" She took one look at the CL listing and next thing ya know, she's in my car and we're off. Gotta love spontaneity.

The general idea of a bench. I'm thinking a live edge wood top would be stunning.

But, wait! I remembered we had a glass top in storage. What if...
we used them for a coffee table?!

To paint or not to paint? That is the question.

We could go crazy with the design and do something funky. Too busy?

Ummm...so many possibilities! Rachel's thinking console table for her brand new outdoor living area.  I'm on the fence until we find a house, but I'm really curious to know your thoughts. What would you do? What color would you paint? Or, would you leave the blocks as is? Bench? Table? Any other crazy cool ideas?!
Spill it...

7 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love the look of the bench! i think that is super cool!!! and i think you could paint them and the bench top the same color to unify the look- some funky bright color, like orange! a great mid century color!

pam {simple details} said...

What a fun find!! I like them as they are, maybe a light random wash and splatter of paint?? I won't be able to get them out of my mind, I'll check in later if I come up with anything! You two are a cute team!!

Interior Design Musings said...

Love them! Or you could paint them a pop of color for a J. Adler feel with the glass top and then paint them neutral again if you tire of the color! very cool. M.

Elise Engh said...

These are awesome! I love the idea of the bench. If it were me, I would paint them a aqua.... I'm in love with that color right now!

Mathi Bear said...

Natural-edge bench sounds great to me. I would probably go with a light neutral matte paint on the blocks to showcase the wood. The blocks are nice but I think they make better backup-singers than stars.

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome!!!! Wishing you would have called me instead!!! LOL!!!! So teasing of course... But... If she changes her mind I will take them! Ha!!!! Love the bench idea ! Liking them natural! Can't wait to see what you do!!!

SHERRY HART said...

Those are pretty darn cool....not sure about what color but I just love the architectural feel!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips