home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, May 26, 2014

What's next?

I'm feeling a bit torn about which project to tackle next. We've done all the "easy" projects and now we're reaching the point of "Oh, that one's going to hurt a bit." Let's face it, bathrooms, kitchens and couches are not cheap, even in the DIY world.

So, while I sit and get my ducks in a row, I'll share what's been rattling around in my brain. Let's start with bathrooms. I love freestanding tubs. Have you noticed the trend of "enclosing" the shower and the tub in same space?

I find myself drawn to this modern vibe until I run across the vintage option...
So much character! I honestly couldn't tell you which one I like more. Guess that's where my 'eclectic' taste comes in play.

Now, for the couch...

I finally talked John into John decided we needed a new couch! But, darn it anyway, he made the requirement that it 'be comfy.' Doesn't he know it's solely style that matters?! ha!


I had my heart set on the Reese Sectional from Room and Board but there isn't a store close by for me to give it the 'ol comfy test. So, my sweet friend, Pam from Simple Details, ran to the store near her and was kind enough to lay on it for me. Bad news...not so comfy. Back to the drawing board.

Then, there's the kitchen. Do you remember that my cabinets are stained green? Click here to see the awesomeness. This kitchen from Adrian Amore Architects has me dreaming of the potential.


So, what's next? I don't really know. When I find myself getting antsy, I have to remind myself that we decided to tackle this house like it's a marathon, not a sprint.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Sorry the Reese sectional isn't comfy for you. I spent ages lounging on it in the store, browsing the Room&Board catalog before I picked it for my living room. It's certainly not a "sink into a featherbed" sofa but it's one of my favorite spots to curl up with a book. Or with friends and cocktails!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

We are on the hunt for the perfect sectional too; haven't found one that meets the comfy test for my husband that I really love yet. I for one can't wait to see your next home project Dana! Big or little, you will surely knock it out of the park.

pam {simple details} said...

Oh, no! Guess you'll have to make a trip to Denver to see for yourself! :) I could totally picture you cooking in that gorgeous kitchen! When do we get to see your new babies? HA!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I went over to a friends house and OH MY were her couches comfy. Then she told me what they paid for them and I about died. I could've easily done my whole house with a QUARTER of that budget. Perhaps a luxurious place for your bum can make up for not having any left over for paint, curtains, rugs...? Anyhow - good luck on your hunt :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips