home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, October 24, 2014

High Point Market...what's it like?

Fortunately, my previous post was not an accurate representation of my first experience at High Point Market in North Carolina. It truly was an amazing experience that I liken to a designer's version of Disney World!

With over 100 buildings of home decor, it's impossible to even scratch the surface of what's offered. I was thrilled to find many new (to me) vendors and surprised that some are even local. Crazy that I had to travel all the way to North Carolina to find someone who's literally a stones throw away. I'm so excited to start building these relationships and have some special treasures to offer clients through one-of-a-kind art and furniture. 

Above is BoBo Intriguing Objects. This was one of my absolute favorite hits. There are 4 stories of vintage finds and wonderful product. As the goods get gobbled up, a sticker is placed on the sold pieces with the name of the studio where it's due to ship. Can you say I drooled as I saw pieces that are headed to Lauren Liess?!

Here's a little glimpse into the store. I'm considering this pendant for my restaurant project.

The displays in all the showrooms are phenomenal. It's impossible attend without walking away completely inspired.



Speaking of inspiration, my wheels started turning when I came across these calligraphy brushes. I'd love to create an art installation using a mass quantity...great texture and color!

Stay tuned for additional posts full of what's trending, people I met and things I learned. Oh, and I almost forgot, I'm finally on Instagram. Yes, that's one thing attending High Point made very clear to me...it's a must to stay up with social media. Feel free to follow along: danafrielinginteriors.

5 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Holy cow - inspiration overload for sure!

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks so dreamy!

pam {simple details} said...

I definitely need to add that to my bucket list! :)

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Dana, looks like you had a great trip! I love the calligraphy brushes en masse - that would be really cool in a room design! Looking forward to hearing more about High Point and also keeping up with you on Instagram!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Wow, those brushes are so cool and they would be awesome as an art installation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips