home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, February 4, 2013

Austin Modern Home Tour, Part 1

Hello, friends! I had so much fun this weekend. My girlfriend and I went on the Modern Home Tour Austin and it was amazing. You know those houses you drive by and just wish you could see the inside? Well, these are those houses and I got to snoop around!!

Want to snoop with me?

Ahhh, minimalism...isn't it refreshing? This teen's room had no clutter! It was fabulous, just like that great chandelier.

Love the hanging mirror. Lots of variations of white tile seen in every house. 

 Eco-friendly and green were key words seen/used throughout all the homes on tour. Check out these stools. Funky, fun design and made of...
Cardboard! So cool.


Beautiful floors were not lacking. And, this wall 'o bookshelves did not disappoint either.

Windows, windows, windows. The angle of this one had me at hello! I'd be so happy living in the trees.

Did my brain go straight to a DIY project when I spied this awesomeness? Of course!

Once again, beautiful floors. I tell my clients all the time...no more square tiles, it's all about the rectangle now. 

Freestanding tubs were all the rage, as well as, frameless surrounds.

 BIG impact with walls of tile. Isn't it clever how they brought the outside in and used small mirrors to accommodate?
This tile had a fun iridescent quality.

One more tub. Notice the lack of art/accessories. Modernism is all about letting the hard finishes speak for themselves and be the star. Are you a fan or do you need the fluff?

Stay tuned for Part 2. I took way too many pictures to fit into one post!

7 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

this one is a little too modern for me, but i love the wall of bookcases!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

How fun - nothing better than a home tour!! I love that green and eco-friendly was important in this design. It's really cool to see but I couldn't live there myself. Too stark I think, but fun to check out!

pam {simple details} said...

Cool ideas, but I'd need to incorporate a bit of fluffy stuff! :)

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Love love love those bookshelves!

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

Love all the photos!! I have been saying that too...out with the square tile...in with rectangles!! Such gorgeous homes you got to tour!

Unknown said...

All not really my style... I guess I am more the farm and country and barn style gal! But it was fun to see! Thank you so much!

Sandy

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Oh, Dana! I love this. I have been on a few home tours, but never a modern home tour. My house feels so cluttered and overwhelming, that the minimalist look is calling my name!
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips