home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, September 27, 2013

Window Trim before and after

I've been best friends with the paint brush recently. After painting our bedroom with Benjamin Moore's Swiss Coffee (OC-45), I knew our window trim was going to need a little something. The white trim was completely lost against the cream paint, so I went for something with a little more umph and a LOT of contrast...black!
Before:

After:
I used Rust-Oleum's Semi-Gloss paint in oil-base for just the right amount of sheen.

And, this is on today's to-do list...
Wish me luck. This is going to be a beast of a job but the impact is going to be quite something (in my mind's eye at least)!

Enjoy your weekend, friends.

3 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

so so glamorous and sleek! happy weekend!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love the black window trim! I saw that the Nester just did that as well, it's such a great look!

pam {simple details} said...

Great call, it looks awesome! Are you painting a black stripe that aligns with the headboard? Love your cool out of the box ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips