home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Nursery Moodboards

Nurseries are so much fun to design. I think designing my own kid's nurseries was one of the things that helped me fall in love with decorating. My best friend is prego with baby #4 so we've been busy tossing around ideas. Here are a couple of moodboards I created in anticipation of starting her nursery.

Let's call this one "Little Champ"

Sources: Drapes, Dwell Studio for Target
Rug, FLOR
Glider, Monte
Sidetable, Bungalow 5 Furniture
Crib, bedding, armoire and art are no longer available. 

This look is fun, bold and graphic. It incorporates sports without being overly themey. Gotta throw those balls in there to keep the hubby happy!


Moving on to "Calm Cutie"

Sources: Rug, Nilima Rugs
Bedding, Layla Grace
Sidetable, Layla Grace
Baby Animals, Target
Paint Color, Sherwin Williams
Drapes, Pottery Barn
Glider , Pottery Barn
Storage Bins, Pottery Barn
DIY Bookshelves, Martha Stewart
Lamp, Layla Grace
Changing table no longer available.

This look is classic, sweet and simple. The soft color palette screams baby! Can you tell she's having a boy?

Could these two looks be any different?! My friend didn't even comment when I sent her "Little Champ," but I got a "love it" out of "Calm Cutie." Score! Let the fun begin!

Which one do you think you could spend those wonderful, sleepless nights in? 

I'd love to help you design your nursery. I'm in the process of setting up edesign services. If you'd like to be my guinea pig, contact me!

2 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Wow! Great boards! I'll pick #1 for my sleepless nights, now that I have a 13 year old I'd give anything for a sleepless night holding a baby! :)

KatieB said...

hey now! i liked them both! #2 was just more my style :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips