home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Client Dining room

Now that you've had time to peek at the colorful mix of goodness going on in my clients' living room, I thought I'd share a few pictures from their formal dining room. We went for a more refined look here and stayed with a very neutral color palette. Is there a better palette than black, grey, metallics and white? Okay, I know there are some of you out there who'll quickly disagree, but I have to say my roots long for neutral and natural.

We added contemporary art and accessories to bring their existing traditional furniture up a notch and make for a very eclectic mix.
Isn't the art great? I'm really loving acrylic framing right now. It's breaks the norm and draws you right in as you try to figure out how that amazing painting is just floating there.



If you're new to my blog or you missed the post revealing that gorgeous mirror wall peeking out from behind the chairs, click here to see it in its entirety. It's stunning! I added candles to my client's shopping list of final touches, but you get the idea.


If you jump back up to the first picture you'll notice that the office is right across the hall. This shot will give you an idea of how the spaces flow together visually. I don't think I ever posted pictures of this finished space. Didn't it turn out great with the clocks and plaques?

When I began working with my clients, one of our primary goals was to make the house feel less traditional despite its traditional bones. I think it's safe to say we accomplished our goal!

4 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

WOW! it looks so chic!!!

pam {simple details} said...

So polished and sophisticated! Love your mix with their traditional cabinet, and your styling and unique framing choice is perfect! I bet they're thrilled to have such a gorgeous space!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Okay forgive me if two comments end up here, but I think my first one just disappeared into cyperspace.
The dining room came out great, love the contempary flair you gave traditional space, Dana!

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

Classy and so chic! You're an amazing designer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips