home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, March 26, 2012

Currently Trending...feathers+arrows=Tribal Decor

Hey there, friends! Happy Monday to ya. Too cheerful for Monday? Okay, okay, I hear ya...toning it down right now.

Let's talk tribal. You know feathers and arrows. Have you noticed the trend lately? I have to say I liking it!

NativeShop, has fun accessories to add to your home decor. Take a look...



These little fellas would be very well received if they just happened to pop up on my mantle. You see, there are 2 certain someones in our house who play with their bow and arrows as a favorite past-time. Sadly, their arrows are a little too expensive for me to snag for a DIY project. 

I've said it before...if you're looking to make your house 'a home', then use decorative items that represent the interests of everyone living there.



Moving on to feathers. I look forward to the day when I have an oversized piece of art hanging in my house. Isn't the one above pure greatness? I have a few ideas rattling around in my head about some bedroom updates in my own bedroom. I'm on the hunt...

These geometric prints are an unexpected way to bring in arrowheads to your decor. 


And, since we're on the topic of arrows...this little pillow had me at hello!

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? I'm putting on my DIY cap...

If you'd like help turning your house into a home, take a peek at my available design services

7 comments:

Sandy a la Mode said...

yes! such a fun trend!! i just bought an arrows necklace!!

pam {simple details} said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with, that oversize artwork is fabulous! A bedroom update sounds like fun, too!

Giovanna said...

Loving the geometric print! And the pillows are amazing!

xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com

Holly Gruszka said...

I have noticed the tribal vibe being quite popular - I think it's fun.

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

Are you thinking a new pillow or are you going to paint something big????? The arrows are so interesting because they are partly ethnic/global and partly contemporary. You could use them in so many styles.

A room with a view said...

I have not tuned in to this trend although I am loving the etsy artwork - it could be timeless, I think.

Abby M. Interiors said...

I love the feathers. I actually think that huge feather print next to the bed works well. Great post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips