home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Food Art

I've shared with you before that I'm helping my father-in-law decorate his office building. He challenged me to come up with a way to bring a fresh and more contemporary feel to their space. He owns restaurants and they're wanting to change their image to reflect a healthy lifestyle.

It seemed logical to use images of fresh produce so I did a little digging. I came up with some great prints from Etsy shop owner, Tony Laidig.



 
Photos available at Light Dream Photography.

Instead of framing his beautiful works of art, I've decided to hang them in a less traditional way. Hence, bringing in the contemporary element. It'll look a bit like this...

Ikeas sells curtain wire that even comes with clips attached for a mere $12.99. Perfect! 

I'll be installing this soon. I'll try to grab a few shots to show you guys the finished product.

Don't you think these prints would be a great addition in a kitchen, too?

6 comments:

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

I've seen this style on Pinterest before and I love it!! It's so clean and fresh and edgy at the same time!

Unknown said...

Love the addition of the consistent mat board. Going into the inspiration file for sure! Thanks Dana

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Cool, fun idea for not only the office building and a ktichen, but a playspace or kid's room too.

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is the perfect idea! i love how crisp his photos are... love the cherry tomatoes one! :)

richa said...

amazing food art..i love to see some on facebook too..as Amit ji says in Chini kum..Its the perfect art...

Ashley said...

Mashable had a similar story. But this time it was breakfast food.

http://mashable.com/2013/03/05/breakfast-food-famous-art/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips