home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, January 18, 2013

I don't take baths...

but I might start if I had something like this to soak in. Okay, let's set the record straight. I don't take baths but I do shower often. Aren't you relieved to know that?

I've had freestanding tubs on my mind recently. I like to watch Sarah Richardson's design shows and I've noticed a trend in her bathroom remodels. She typically uses gorgeous tubs.

I've not had the pleasure of using one of these beauties in a remodel just yet but I decided to do the research so I'll be prepared when the time comes. 
Know what research showed me? There's a reason I haven't had the pleasure of using a freestanding tub just yet. Yeah, something to the tune of over a thousand dollars each reason! And that's on the low end of the spectrum. Doesn't quite fit into my budget-friendly decorating philosophy.

But they sure are pretty...
{via}
They also make a huge statement. Take a minute to check out those legs and appreciate the custom color.

Full length mirror next to the tub? Are you brave enough? It's a fantastic magazine picture, but is it realistic?

Same tub, different setting...

Freestanding tubs don't have to be fancy and ornate, you can also find sleek and modern options. Isn't this mix of rustic and modern great?

Okay, okay, so if I had a view like this I may be persuaded to splurge and stretch the pocketbook.
Ahhh, becoming one with nature!

What do you think? Are you a tub lover that sees the value in paying thousands for a soak? If it's your refuge, it's totally a place to splurge, right? If the bathroom's "just a place to get things done," what other area would you prefer to stretch your budget?

Enjoy the weekend, friends.

6 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

It sounds so luxurious, and is gorgeous, but I'm a in and out of the shower, asap type! Happy weekend!

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

They are so beautiful! But I'd probably use it once a year. Probably not worth the splurge for me...I think I'd rather spend that money on an amazing closet!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

We had an amazing tub in one of our other houses….that never ever got used and just collected dust. BUT, I think I'm at a point in my life where I would really enjoy a tub and when we do our bathroom over eventually I will definitely get a comfortable one that I can soak in. I think usage depends on the season of your life.

Cassie Bustamante said...

we had a soaker tub in our first house and i haven't had one since then (we left there in march of 07). no bathtub has measured up since in any of our homes, so shower it is! the one with the slate floor, wood walls.... dreamy! but i would want a clawfoot tub. :) ok?

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that first one is to dye for!!!! I can only imagine, and I will, me sitting in there with a glass of wine and totally relaxing!!!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I just took a bath...and it is a luxury (and great if you don't want to get your hair wet). Beautiful images!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips