I love a good recipe, don't you? According to the quote above, there's a very simple recipe for a good life. Do yourself a favor, take a minute to double check you have all the right ingredients.
Good Life Ingredients:
1) Assume nothing: How many times have we caused trouble for ourselves simply because we tried to read between the lines and got it wrong? Let's practice being more transparent with each other and remove the need to assume.
2) Do more: If it improves your life or the life of another...do it! If it's good...do it! If it's fun...do it! Get it? Doing more can be a good thing.
3) Need less: If we're honest with ourselves, we have so much more than we actually need. Reassess your way of thinking and your definition of the word need.
4) Smile often: Next time you're in a bad mood, force yourself to smile. You'll be amazed at how hard it is to stay in that bad mood. Then, smile at someone else and watch how contagious it is.
5) Dream big: Go on, give yourself permission to run full speed ahead and chase your dreams. Ignore the obstacles and go, go, go! Don't allow things that don't matter to get in your way. Think positive!
6) Laugh often: No giggles allowed here, it must be a full on belly laugh...one that makes you cry. You know, the laugh where you can't even catch your breath. Those are the best, aren't they?
7) Realize how blessed you are: This is an area of life where it's perfectly okay to keep track. In fact, go ahead, keep count and name them one by one!
Are you ready to bake up a good life or do you need to stop by the store on the way home for a missing ingredient?