home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Random Act of Kindness - Sprinkles Style

I love random acts of kindness. It is so much fun coming up with ways to surprise people and bring a little bit of joy into their lives. We could all use an added touch of happiness, right? Today, I baked up a batch of my favorite sugar cookies with sprinkles and made a cute little note then dropped them by a friend's house. This friend and I usually exchange insults (in a funny way), so the look on her face when I did something nice for her was priceless. I honestly think she was wondering if I put some ex-lax in them! Don't worry, I would never do anything like that.

Want to know a little secret? I make these cookies often just so I can sneak a little bite of the dough!


I know, I know, you're not supposed to do that because of this:

Sidenote:
Who came up with that suggestion anyway? I have yet to get sick from it and I've done it all of my life. I couldn't wait to lick the bowl when I was little and my mom made cookies!

Moving on,

Love me some sprinkles!

Fresh out of the oven


Next, came a trip to the Dollar Store. I picked up a white plate and some packaging to wrap it all up and make it pretty. Presentation is key!



I wrapped it all up, added a pretty ribbon and a gift tag. On the tag, I thanked my friend for "Sprinkling laughter into my life!"





Since I had all the ingredients on hand, I only had to purchase the plate and packaging. So, for a total of $2.17, I was hopefully able to make someone's day!


If you're interested in the best sugar cookie recipe ever, email me and I'll send it to ya!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips