home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, August 29, 2011

Statement Piece

One of the first pieces I purchased for our new home, nearly 3 years ago, was what I call a "Statement Piece." I ran across this beauty at a store in Salado, Texas. It was way out of my price range, so i just admired it from afar and dreamed about how amazing it would look in my house someday. Luckily, I had gushed over this piece to a friend and she actually knew what piece I was talking about without even stepping foot into the store! Fast forward 6 months...This same friend called me and shared she had just spotted my dream piece at 1/2 off! After a few cartwheels and happy dances, I quickly called the store and asked them to put it on hold for me. I made my way to Salado and returned home the next day with a piece that makes me happy every time I look at it.

You're probably wondering what it is? I had to ask the same question! Apparently, it came from an old church in San Antonio. We're not sure exactly what it was used for, but our best guess is a tithing box. It has a small slit in the top portion that looks coins could fit into.
Here's a close up:

Our family has decided to use it as a prayer box. We randomly write prayers on little pieces of paper then slip them into the slot. It's a great way to go back and see how God has worked in our lives, through both answered and unanswered prayers!

It's also a great place to store pillows and blankets in the lower section.
This is the perfect statement piece for our family. It's got great architectural details, it's beautiful, and it serves a purpose! Do you have something similar in your home? I'd love to hear about it, leave me a comment!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Still giddy that you ended up with that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips