home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Random Act of Kindness #22

I hope you're feeling extra kind today since it's time for our weekly RAK challenge. Today's challenge deals with WORDS. We all know that words are powerful and we should choose them wisely, but what about those times when we don't? Did you know it takes at least 10 positive comments to make up for just 1 negative comment? Sadly, those negatives sometimes weigh heavy on our hearts way too long.

Today's RAK stems from a post I recently read from Emily Henderson. If you haven't had the chance to read her Valentine's post, then you must. It's so sweet! I'm going to snag her pictures since I haven't completed this RAK for myself just yet.

RAK challenge #21: Think of someone you may have hurt through words recently. Build them back up by giving them at least 10 positive words you'd use to describe them!



Emily's sweet husband used name tags to cover a card. Is this a great idea or what?! His intentions were that of encouragement, not making up for ugly words! I tweaked his brilliance to make it applicable to our RAK.

I'm planning on making a card like this for my kiddos. I want them to see the great "labels" they possess. Oh yeah, and there may be a few negative words I need to make up for too!

What about you, friend? Is there someone in your life who could use a few nice words?

7 comments:

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I am so glad you put an emphasis on kind words! I must admit that words are def my love language and when someone criticizes me I am not the best at taking it well. Today I plan to focus on building up those I may have hurt through words. :)


XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Miki {Becoming What I Always Was} said...

That is such a great idea! It is so true that negative things take so much more effort to recover from. It makes you really think twice before gossiping or even saying a "jokingly" or sarcastic thing that could hurt someone.

pam {simple details} said...

What a great gesture, and so thoughtful for anyone for any occasion! Love that you are always thinking of ways to make someone's day brighter! (And, encouraging us to do the same!)

Erin said...

oh, words...you're so right that they weigh heavy on our hearts for longer than they need to. It's hard to let them go sometimes. I love your RAKs...I wish more people were motivated to love on others like you do; makes me wonder what the world would be like if everyone looked at every day as an opportunity to build someone else up!

Audrey said...

I am a lover of all things positive and happy and this is such a great idea to encourage positivity and kindness!

xo Audrey
mangosmiles.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

That is so adorable! I hadn't seen it yet... totally need to give out some nice words!

A room with a view said...

Great idea..can be used for a birthday, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips