home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, February 24, 2012

Just Hangin'

We made it friends...it's Friday! Super fun day around here...Katie (remember her vintage mod golf nursery?) is having her baby today and tonight is my son's birthday party! Lots to do and lots to see!

Speaking of lots to see, I've seen something recently that has peaked my interest. I love creative ways to do "normal" things. For example, how about using chains to hang your pictures?

I pinned the above image not too long ago, then yesterday, I ran across Mandi's pretty room with the same idea.
Mandi didn't actually "hang" the pictures from the chains. She hung the chains from the ceiling then they rest behind the picture. Clever, right? Check out her how-to here.

I'm loving this idea for my entry. What do you think? Would it look funny on the curve? Would it be too much?
I know you have great opinions to share so let 'er rip. 

Have a great weekend, friends! I'm off to do some party-planning and some baby lovin'!

If you're interested in creating a fun and fabulous space, contact me. I'd love to work with you!

4 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

That entry is perfection in my book, but black frames against those stripes...yes!! I love that the wall is curved and it wouldn't be expected...yes, again!!

Happy day to your big guy and all the best to the new mommy!

Miki {Becoming What I Always Was} said...

I am so in lust with that entryway. I love how many styles are coming out with paint in the design world. I remember a few years ago, the only thing people ever did was the one accent wall. Now it's all these beautiful designs! One more reason to be grateful for today! yey!

Holly Gruszka said...

I think that would be a great look for your entry. It's quite the classic look hanging the art like that - I love it. And so exciting about Katie's baby and your son's party. Do lots of partying! We are celebrating my hubby's birthday tomorrow as well! And my little one is 18 months on Sunday - can't believe it!

Michelle said...

LOVE that idea! Def. going to have to try it at some point!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips