home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, January 7, 2013

Back Painted Glass

Oh, it is a happy, glorious day around here today...school's back in session! Are moms across the nation rejoicing with me? I love my kids, I really do, but our long break had cold temps and rain. This kept us indoors for most of the break and let's just say I'm really appreciating a little distance today (as I'm sure they are too).

Since the background noise has been dialed back down to normal, it's given me time to think. Since my brain is on design way too much most of the time, my thoughts have led me down the road of back painted glass today. Let's take a gander at this sleek option and ponder its place in our homes, shall we?

Here, we have cabinet fronts with white painted glass inserts. So unique. Clean lines and still manages to hide what's behind the doors. Bonus!


Know what I love most about glass panels? No grout lines. They're said to be super easy to clean and maintain. Again...bonus!

Is this the next big thing? Glass tiles have certainly become mainstream, with big box stores carrying them a dime a dozen. How long 'til we start seeing this option becoming readily available and more affordable? Soon, I hope.

It definitely lends itself to a more modern/contemporary feel, but done right, I think it could easily be mixed in with traditional elements for a killer kitchen.


For those of you who love color, don't fret, certain manufacturers offer over 4,000 colors. Wow!


Back painted glass isn't just for kitchens. Check out the impact it makes in bathrooms, too.
So, what are your thoughts? Are you a fan? Do you think it'd be a finger print nightmare like our lovely stainless steal appliances or would it be a welcomed change?

7 comments:

Interior Design Musings said...

I totally LOVE it. I saw it recently and thought, what an affordable backsplash option! M.

A room with a view said...

I think it adds that extra sparkle and as a result also a freshness. It certainly modernizes a space. A backsplash is not really touched so fingerprints should not be an issue. Yes, I am glad everyone is back to their normal routine so I can think and focus on what needs to get done.

Kate Fluckiger said...

I love it. Especially in the first photo - it is so light and beautiful while old-fashioned and elegant.

pam {simple details} said...

I love it in the white kitchens, the color might have to grow on me a bit. Great unique look! Counting down till Wednesday here! :)

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I like it but it feels super modern to me. It's definitely different the the white subway tile that I love, but everyone seems to have these days.

Whitney @ drab to fab said...

I am loving this look!!! It seems like a great option for the kitchen backsplash because it would be so easy to wipe down and the kids can't reach it so no fingerprints!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this with us! It was very useful! I was wondering if you had any suggestions regarding glass backsplash tile?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips