home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Client texts and helpful tips

Texting is a complete assest when it comes to interior design and working with clients. I love it when I hear the little "ding, ding" and a beautiful picture appears of a client's space and a long awaited purchase sitting in its new home.

This week's exciting "ding, ding" had something to do with this...

And here it is in real life...
Now, take a peek at both chairs and let your brain wrap around the fact that they're shown in exactly the same fabric. So, YES, it IS important to order the fabric swatches and look at them in person. You can never fully trust colors via a computer screen. 

Speaking of fabric, here's a helpful little tip. My clients had an existing ottoman that we felt looked great with this chair. We toyed with the idea of finding a coordinating fabric but luckily the lightbulb went off and I decided to reach out to the manufacturer of the chair and ask if we could purchase an additional few yards of fabric they'd use to make the chair. 
It took a handful of phone calls to reach the right person but finally I found someone willing to approve the purchase, seeing as how they don't typically sell the fabric. It never hurts to ask!

I can't wait to see it in person and help put the final touches on this amazing house.

6 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Gorgeous chair! Can't wait to see what else you have going on in the room, and I never trust my computer colors!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

What a fun chair, and it must be a blast to see your client's rooms come together (via texting!)

Katie @ PPS said...

I love that chair, and I can't believe how DIFFERENT it looks in real life! Wow!

Marble medallions said...

I can't tell how much I like this Nixon chair., really cool xo
- Vinnie

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Love that chair!

Unknown said...

can't believe those pictures are the same fabric. Wow, scary. Love the lines of that chair.

xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips