home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, May 24, 2013

Our miracle



I. AM. IN. AWE!!! God is so amazing that I can't even figure out how to write this post. I don't think I could even begin to adequately describe the last few days but gosh darn it, I feel like screaming it from the rooftops. Those of you who have been praying us through this will be glad to hear that God answered your prayers...the sellers chose our offer! We are officially under contract. Thank you, thank you, thank you for covering my family with your support and prayer.

How the miracle went down...
I woke up with extreme peace. The kind that can only come from God. Honestly, I have only been this peaceful a handful of times in my life. It's almost supernatural. Normally, when I'm waiting on a phone call it drives me crazy but this time was completely different. I was so good with either answer that the call almost seemed insignificant. 

Regardless, the call came. Our realtor told me one of the parties had withdrawn their offer. "Holy smokes, really?!" I thought, "Okay, God, that's the first sign." Then he precedes to tell me the sellers' agent is asking if this is our best and final offer. Our realtor was calling to see if we wanted to raise our offer. I called John and he immediately said, "I feel like we should. We have to be able to say we gave it our all." I called our lender and crunched all the numbers and it appeared to all make sense. For those of you who read my emotional breakdown post, you'll remember I was craving for John to take control and offer support. So, when he was so matter of fact with this decision, I knew it was the thing to do.

Our realtor resubmitted our offer but we still weren't offering over asking price so we knew it was a gamble. Once again, we were totally at peace. 

Five or six hours later, I got the second call. "Well, Dana, they decided to go with your offer. The house is yours!" He went on to say that the second offer is now considered as a back-up offer so the sellers' agent couldn't reveal what that number was. But, she told our agent that she "was kind of surprised they went with your offer but I feel those letters definitely had something to do with it." Our agent said as he read between the lines he sensed the other offer was definitely above asking price. Wow! Our entire family had something to do with this house becoming our home! I plan to share the kids' letters with you guys in another post...they are precious.

Now, I have a hard time calling this "our" house because I feel strongly this house isn't "ours" but rather it belongs to God and we're going to be blessed enough to live in it.

The madness begins today as inspections and appraisals are hurriedly being lined up since we're planning on closing on the exact day we need to be out of our house. How's that for perfect God's timing?

Please continue to pray for the remainder of this journey. It's not even close to being over...

I promise to post pictures as soon as I can get back up there with my camera. I will tell you, though, that there's a completely mirrored bathroom that left John feeling "violated" after using it. ;) See any projects in our future?!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!! When I saw this post I think I squealed out loud! I'm so happy for you! Praise the Lord! :)

-Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
www.revolutionariesblog.com

Cassie Bustamante said...

WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim T said...

That is SO AWESOME ... you are such an inspiration sharing your story, your journey. Can't wait to see the pictures, esp can't wait to read what the kids wrote ... so fabulous it was truly a team effort with God in complete control, of course ... Praise Him!!!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I just knew the right one would come along! So happy and excited for you, Dana, John and kiddos!!!!!

Elaine - Visual Meringue said...

wow! That is awesome! many, many congrats! Meant to be :)

Julie T said...

God ROCKS! I'm so happy for your family. What a wonderful answer to all of the prayers.

pam {simple details} said...

Congrats!!! SO thrilled for all of you! Your faith was certainly put to the test and you never wavered, you're an inspiration, my friend!

Barbara Matson said...

This is fabulous news! I just read several of your posts leading up to this, and our family is dealing with something similar. Since my husband was laid of 18 months ago, he is interviewing for a few jobs. One he got an offer on, that would have us move to a small town nestled in the Rocky Mountains - the decisions, the turmoil can be so stressful! I hope we got our miracle too. And some clarity.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I'm behind on posts, so your last 3 were all in a row in my reader. It was like a 5 minute roller coaster ride, from rock bottom to elation. I'm sure it felt like an eternity for you :) Thank the Lord for miracles!! They always seem to come at the last moment, and yet we always seem to forget that and start to doubt (guilty as charged). All of that to say "Welcome to DFW."

(and those front doors would look so happy with a luscious color on them)

Lynn said...

Oh Dana...just read your blogs from this week! What a time you have had! From extreme highs to lows! And thru it all God was with you! What a blessing He had for you as you waited on Him! Can't wait to see you in July! The kids letters, John cancelling his meetings to go with you to the schools, a great house, and the sellers accepting your offer....priceless! Thank you God! We praise You! We love you! You have poured out your favor on the Frielings and we give you the praise and the honor and the glory for what YOU have done!!

Anonymous said...

Dana-SO happy for you all!!!! God is good and you are so blessed. Thinking of you today and so happy for this outcome...
Kate

Paisley Print Shoes said...

PRAISE GOD!!! I love love LOVE it when everything just screams "it was GOD!" I love the ending to this story!!
-Katie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips