home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, October 3, 2011

Finding the Right Shape

Good Monday morning, friends! I thought we would start the week off with a little before and after picture fun. Below is the corner of a client's living room. The side table gave this little corner a heavy feel. The shape was wrong for the spot and made things feel cramped and heavy.


Before

In order to make the space feel more open and less forced, I recommended she look for a round, glass table. I stumbled upon the table below at Goodwill. It was a little beat up but definitely showed potential. The original glass had a dark tint so she had new glass cut. Next, we gave it a little Rub 'n Buff love to tone down its original gold color. Wondering what Rub 'n Buff is? I used it in my own house here.
Let's take a look at the after:

After

Doesn't it just feel better? I love how the color really picks up the accent color in the chair. Next step... a little bit of accessorizing and hanging a picture on the wall behind the chair, then she's set!

So, as you're arranging the furniture in your own home, give some thought to the shapes your working with. A little switch-a-roo with scale and shape is what will bring your room into its own.

Not feeling confident to do it yourself? Contact me, I'd love to help you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips