So, Friday I gave you the cool edited version of this photo and today you get to see the pretty colors as I break down the parts and where to buy it all.
"Rob" hangs out on a freshly painted Colonial Blue wall by Benjamin Moore.
1. CD holder basket from Container Store
2. Garden hose from Home Depot.
I bought 2 and cut one in half for the arms. The legs stayed as one unit.
3. Velcro from Target.
This is being replaced with a magnets from Michaels though. The velcro wasn't quite strong enough.
4. Magazine holder from Ikea.
5. Magnets from Container Store
6. Pencil holders from Container Store
7. Curtain rod holders as antennae (not pictured)
1. Battery Clips (aka hands) from Home Depot
2. Anchors and Screws from Home Depot
The hoses are a little heavy so make sure you use an anchor along with the screw. Of course, the first thing a kid's going to do is pull on these fun springy things so make sure it's functional!
One last shot:
There are a million different variations you could use for this project. Get creative and think about how your little one will use his robot.
Linking to these fabulous parties: