No, seriously. I decided it was high time to sprinkle a little kindness into their lives last night by making them play a game. The kids were super excited and little did they know, this game was designed to speak to their hearts and boost their self-esteem at the same time.
Want to know how to play? Okay! Read on...
1) Write the name of each player onto separate pieces of paper. Place them in a bowl. Now, everyone draws a name. Make sure you don't get your own name!
2) Pass out 5 small pieces of paper to each player.
3) For the name you drew, think of 5 positive character traits.
4) Write one character trait on each of the 5 pieces of paper.
5) Pick someone to be "it" and tape the first piece of paper to their forehead without them seeing what is written.
6) The remaining players silently read what is written and begin telling stories that provide examples of how this person is ...(whatever trait you're describing). Be careful not to say the actual word!
7) The person who is "it" listens to the clues then guesses what trait is on their paper by saying, "I am (insert guess)."
8) Let the person guess until they get it right!
9) Now it's someone else's turn. Go around the table until all 5 traits are guessed by each player.
I made this game up on the fly. There are actually no "real" rules. I encourage you to adapt this game and make it work for your family or friends. We had fun telling stories and bragging on the nice things we like about each other. Sadly, we don't share these kind words as much as we should!
Okay, you're it...go out and be kind, friends!