home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Flower Power

Isn't it great how a little touch of color can brighten, not only a room, but your mood as well? I spent a good part of this last weekend working on our flowerbeds and filling our flower pots. Do you remember my tip from this fall when we built our pallet bench? Monday morning clearance at Lowes! That's where I get all of my plants super discounted. Just look for the yellow stickers in the clearance section.

I thought it may be a little fun to look at a few creative ways to bring new life to the hobby of gardening today. This first image is my favorite, so unique and different! Ever heard of a String Garden?



I'm not sure how it works, but they're quite intriguing to look at, aren't they? Guess what...it's not just limited to flowers, you can suspend an entire tree! Oh yes, seeing is believing...


Well, if you're gardening skills are not quite up to these fascinating displays of awesomeness, then I'll bring it back down to reality and show you a fun and creative display that is easily achievable. How about using an old window pane? Check this out...

Lucy, from Craftberry Bush, came up with this great idea. We've all seen old window panes at antique stores and now you know exactly what you can use it for. A few little screws through the handle of the watering cans and you have an instant display. Wouldn't this add character to your backyard?

Okay, now it's your turn. Go get your hands a little dirty and make something pretty, friends!

If you're interested in design services, contact me so we can get started!

3 comments:

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

Thanks for the outdoor inspiration. I truly need it since my thumb is anything but green. I'm a little better with pots so maybe I'll try the flower pots. They sure are cute!

pam {simple details} said...

The window pane is too clever! I think my pets would have a hey day with the hanging plants! :)

A room with a view said...

I am inspired by the watering can/window pane idea but by the time I get around to finding the perfect items the weather will change again. Let's see!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips