home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, April 30, 2012

Post idea via a begging plea

Hello, Monday. You came way too fast this week, but since you're here let's make the best of it!

I've had lots of friends ask, "How in the world do you come up with something to post about every single day?" That's the million dollar question, right? Well, today I thought I'd give you a little insight as to how my brain works. Beware...it may not be pretty!

So, today's post idea originated with a begging plea from by daughter and it involves this...

You see, she's got a birthday right around the corner and she's been lobbying h.a.r.d. for a special friend to come and live with us. She's asked for numerous animals and after getting the standard, "They're too stinky," or  "They make too much noise, " this is the pet she thinks we can compromise on...a leopard gecko!

So, with leopard geckos on my mind, I sit down to write a post. I wonder what it'll be about then I think, "Ummm, lizards have pretty skin. I bet I could muster up some images of reptile decor." Then a quick little google search pulls up a million images of low and behold...animal print in decor and fashion. 

Our friends in the fashion industry have been incorporating our  household pets these slithery creatures into our wardrobe for quite some time now. I bet all of you have had something with a little reptile skin on it at one time or another. Maybe something like this...


But are you ready to incorporate it into your house?! 

Okay, back up a minute, I got a little off track. We're supposed to be talking about post ideas, so I'll bring it back to that. When my million reptile decor images pop up, I start mulling through them and think, "Seen that on so and so's blog, " "Oh, that's been around pinterest a gajillion times already, "How can I make this post original?" 

Then I run across a reptile sink and think..."Now that's original!" 


I mean, a reptile sink?! Who has that in their house? Doesn't it make you want to feel it?!

Okay, let's bring it back to reality. Snakeskin trays are much more likely to find their way into my decor. I actually have a picture frame that looks very similar to these.



But a reptile sink, wouldn't that be a statement piece? Wouldn't it be fun to listen to people's reactions when they came over for the first time and went into the bathroom?!


Once again, back to reality. Since my husband absolutely cannot stand anything that slithers and hisses, the below items are the only snake-like things that would be allowed in the front door.






So there ya have it, friends, an entire post idea originated out of a begging plea for a pet. It may not seem logical, but it's how my brain works and it got the job done!

For those of you wondering, the jury's still out on whether or not Bryn will be granted her birthday wish. We had an unfortunate experience with a turtle in the past that's left us wondering if she's ready for another pet. Anyone have words of wisdom to share about leopard geckos?

2 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

This post is too funny Dana. My kids want an iguana or some other kind of slithery thing. Is the 180 lb. dog not enough I ask? But my husband did have both an iguana and a gecko when he was growing up and apparently they aren't much work as far as pets go. Good luck. The reptile decor kinda creeps me out - that sink??? :)

pam {simple details} said...

I'm not much for a gekko living at my house, but one of those trays would be welcome! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips