home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Random Act of Kindness #52

Have you ever been the "new girl?" Isn't it an awkward feeling walking into a room full of people who know each other and you don't know a sole? Well, your challenge today is to find a "new girl" and make her feel comfortable.

It doesn't take much. A kind word is very simple. Tell her you haven't seen her around then tell her your name. It's a basic skill we all learned in kindergarten, but sometimes we get so wrapped up in ourselves that we forget to look around.

I remember Reed asking me once when he was younger, "Mom, why do you talk to everyone?" I'd never really thought about it until he asked, but I guess the answer is that I like to make people feel comfortable.

A smile and a kind word can change the entire course of someone's day. You know what to do friends, go out and be kind!

3 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

this is SO me. i always go introduce myself to new people... it's second nature for me. i don't like knowing anyone is feeling lonely or excluded!

pam {simple details} said...

Love your models! :) Yep, we've all been there, but for some it's anxiety ridden, and such an easy gesture to make them feel comfortable and included!

A room with a view said...

I think this is a great act of kindness. We have all been there at some point. I shall remember this for the next time I see somebody "new".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips