home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, April 5, 2013

Guess who I met?

I  had a super fun design night last night as I wrangled my girlfriend into going to Loft's party and guess who we met?...Christiane Lemieux! Christiane is the founder and creative director of DwellStudio. Love her design philosophy.
Get your own book here.


On our way to the party we stumbled upon a new store that opened this week in Austin, Arhaus. So sad I'm moving because I'm pretty sure I could make lots of clients happy with the incredible finds in this store. Oh my! It was eye candy all over the place. The displays were fantastic!

Calling all DIY friends...this NEEDS to be your next project. You know the kilim blankets that are popping up everywhere these days? Snag one and make a chandelier! If you have even the most basic of sewing skills, this project is totally doable. A few embroidery hoops and a light kit then you're set.


I hope you can get past the blurry pics and get the idea. Kilim blankets have various patterns throughout so the inside of the light is different from the outside. Love it!  I scored one of these beauties at Tuesday Morning. Check it out here.

This would be so cute in a nursery or child's room. Soft and casual.

Well, I'm off to sleep in a zoo tonight. Think I'm kidding?...I'm not! Bryn's Girl Scout troop thinks it's super fun to sleep in odd places where thousands of people walk and get things dirty. We've had the pleasure of sleeping on the ground at Sea World and tonight we get to experience the zoo. Not enough detergent to get my blankets clean after these adventures! ha!

Happy weekend, friends.

6 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

OHWOW!! awesome! and how adorable are you!!!!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

How fun to meet a design superstar. We have an Arhaus near us and I love walking through there. One of the tables I am lusting after for my dining space is from there. Have SO much fun sleeping on the floor tonight…I have done that many a time with my daughter's girl scout troop - you are a good mama!!!!

pam {simple details} said...

How cute are you in the little gray blazer, did you tell her you have a design blog? :) Couldn't you volunteer to take them on a trip to Ikea or something? Happy weekend, sweet friend!

jess@hillcountryhomebody.blogspot.com said...

How cool is that? Again although we rarely get to hang anymore you've once again reminded me I'm sad your leaving too. You wouldn't have to "wrangle" me although that stuff makes me awkwardly nervous;) I like Pam's idea about Ikea!

Barbara Matson said...

Lucky you! I would LOVE to meet Christiane!

A room with a view said...

Those light fixtures are gorgeous! I would absolutely love one of those - each one unique.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips