home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Somebody shoot me, please!

The housing market in Texas is C.R.A.Z.Y!!!! John and I drove up to Dallas with high hopes of seeing some great houses yesterday. We had our eye on 6 to be exact. Guess how many we looked at?

Go ahead...guess. 

Zero. Yes, that's a big fat goose egg. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Every single one went pending before we made it to town. Wow!

Here's a little peek at homes that other people are now the proud owners' of...


Nice remodel. I went ahead and drove by it since I didn't have anything else to do. I made myself feel better when I shamelessly looked through the windows and saw teeny tiny bedrooms.

Interesting bathrooms in this house. Nothing else had been updated though.

This house had herringbone floors in almost every room. Amazing when done in small quantities, but I was curious to see what I thought about having them in all the bedrooms too? Just from the pictures it seemed a little overwhelming. Trying to make myself feel better here...can ya tell?

Pool...oh yeah, we did promise one of those, didn't we?!

Yesterday wasn't a complete bust though. I visited/toured a few schools and got a great feeling about both. I have to stay focused on the positives because they're few and far between. I also found a house that had a "coming soon" sign in the yard. I stalked called the listing agent. She didn't return my call. I had my realtor stalk call the listing agent. She returned his. Humph! She said at least 10 people have asked to see it already but she's not letting anyone view it until it's "show ready" on Wednesday. I'm returning home today, people!!

My realtor called her back and shared our tragically sad story of traveling all this way and not being able to see a single house. He begged and pleaded...it worked! Heading to see it in around lunchtime. But, I just looked at the satellite image and noticed train tracks one street over. 

Somebody shoot me, please! ;)

8 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

How frustrating. Do you think you could ever take the plunge and buy a house site unseen (in real life?) Good luck with this one today - maybe it will be the one!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

How frustrating. Do you think you could ever take the plunge and buy a house site unseen (in real life?) Good luck with this one today - maybe it will be the one!

Interior Design Musings said...

OK, I've been reading your blog long enough to know that you are very grounded, but it's worth me mentioning this to you (in the heat of the moment). Do NOT let this "feeding frenzy" (which happens here in Birmingham constantly) trick you into settling. Just remember, the Lord has the perfect house already picked out for you. You will just have to go through the motions to find it! Find some comfort in that, and try to enjoy the process - it's not everyday you get to buy a house! M.

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Oh man, such a bummer. But on the plus side, those houses look freaking amazing, so at least there is gorgeous stuff out there for you to consider. Maybe you can spend a few days in a hotel there and jump on something as soon as it hits the market? Not ideal, but I know how frustrating those kinds of real estate environments can be. Sending my best house hunting success vibes to you! The right one will totally come along :)

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.ca

Cassie Bustamante said...

i am so sorry you are having to deal with this!!! how frustrating. it's hard to see now, but i know it means the right house for you just hasn't come along yet. a year from now you will be in your house making it home, and saying, ha ha! that was tough, but LOOK where we are now!

Starr said...

Hope you find the right home!

(and train tracks shouldn't be a deal killer--you don't notice them after awhile)

pam {simple details} said...

I know it's less than optimal, but would it be worth renting at first? :) Good luck today!

celesteandpearl.blogspot.com said...

Awwww I'm so sorry that is so frustrating! I like to think it wasn't meant to be. Best of luck when you look!!

Warmest,
Liz

{celesteandpearl.blogspot.com}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips