home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, April 23, 2012

What my husband likes in the bedroom

How's that for a title?! Got your attention? I'm totally giggling as I'm writing this because John reads my posts via his email subscription and can you imagine his response when he sees this title in his inbox! I'm a little mean like that...love you, honey!

Moving on...this post is really intended to focus on bringing a touch of masculinity into our bedroom's decor. So far, the updates I've worked on reflect mainly my tastes, but since I'm not the only one who sleeps in there, it's only right to bring in something that John will enjoy.

These feather prints are beautiful and would definitely do the trick...



This one screams John too...


While they're wonderful, they range around $25-$30 per print. I'd really like to mat and frame 4 coordinating prints to place above our nightstands (2 on each side). This idea has the potential to get pricey real quick, especially when I add in the cost of the mat and frame.

In hopes of saving a little moolah, I sat down yesterday to attempt to draw a few feathers...

It wasn't as hard as I'd expected! I'm thinking I just saved a lot of money. Can I get a high five?! Now with a gallery mat and simple frame, we're all set. Not so sure I could pull off the deer print, but since we saved so much on the others, maybe I could splurge and buy just one. Ummm?

So, feathers and deers on his side of the bed and what about botanicals on my side? I think it's fun how these botanicals look very similar to feathers. Wouldn't you love to see this artist's mural when it's finished?


Here's my attempt at a few "feather leaves."

Something else that's great about framing a simple drawing is that I can switch them out as often as I'd like and not feel bad about it, since the only thing invested in the pieces is time!

8 comments:

A room with a view said...

Great title (I think!). You are certainly artistic, Dana! I like what you have done so far.

Cassie Bustamante said...

what a fun post! i love the feathers and that natural rustic touch. i can't wait to see what you do for your husband in the bedroom. wait, that is not what i mean. ;)

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

You did a great job.... and so sweet of you to think of your guy!

pam {simple details} said...

Wonder what kind of spam you're going to get from that? :) I think he's very lucky you're so thoughtful and talented!

Erin said...

I love those feather prints--and way to go on your drawings!

Yes, your title DID grab my attention...although I figured it couldn't possibly be what it sounded like. At least, I was hoping it wasn't. ;)

Ange said...

Ooh, I like the title. ;) You did a fabulous job drawing feathers, I think you should really try your hand at some botanicals too! Great idea for adding in some manliness.

Cre8ive Motives said...

hee,hee love the title, certainly got my attention. High five on your feather drawing. I think you did a fantastic job!

SoSimple said...

Meant to do this yesterday (while covered in paint, ha!)....And you said you couldn't sketch??? Geez, those turned out great. I think you have some hidden talent you haven't explored enough, YET.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips