home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, July 20, 2012

Kitchen Remodel Update

Happy Friday, friends. This is the last kitchen update before you get to see the entire reveal. Boy, oh boy, it's quite the reveal...so beautiful! We're so close we can taste it. Just waiting on hardware and installation then it's a done deal.

Today's snippets include floors, stools and island hardware.

Let's talk floors. During our initial consultation, I asked loads of questions to feel them out and understand my clients' tastes and preferences. I kept hearing "slate, slate, slate," and "I really like slate." So when the time came to shop for flooring, I kept this in mind and led them to an alternative that was similar in terms of coloring, but read as more contemporary and up to date.


I love the color variation in this tile and how it really accents every single element around it. 
Their original flooring was Cherry wood and extremely soft. It doesn't make sense to put such a soft wood in a kitchen since it's bound to get tons of nicks and scrapes. They were more than happy to replace it with something much more durable.


I was super pleased when Mr. Client randomly said one day, "I love these floors!" It's so much fun when clients are willing to be pushed a bit beyond what they initially had in mind.

We did a little reconfiguring with their bar to make it more functional. This meant bar stools were in order. Mrs. Client send me pictures of a few styles she liked at Pottery Barn and following a discussion or two about color, they ended up with these...

Okay, so we've covered floors and stools so that leaves us with hardware. Since you got a peek at the island you already know it's stained a contrasting color from the cabinets. To highlight this feature even further, we sought out knobs and pulls that blend but don't match.

We found these at Hobby Lobby and loved them. Not to mention the price wasn't bad either. You can't beat half off of $5.99 and $7.99!

Here's the last piece of the puzzle...

the remainder of the pulls that will complete this amazing transformation.

If you missed the first two posts about this project, click here and here to see where we started and how far we've come!

Hope you're weekend is happy friends and that there's a little kindness sprinkled in. 

9 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

ooh the flooring looks awesome! what is it and is it less expesnve than slate?

Whitney @ drab to fab design said...

Ahhh I can't wait to see the big reveal! You guys really knocked it out so quickly. The floors are gorgeous and those handles are so unique! I also love that the island is stained a rich dark color, nice touch!!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Love the floors, such a clean look! The knobs are spectacular- I wish we had a hobby lobby here! Have a great weekend :)

charmaine said...

I want to know what the floor is too! Love it!

pam {simple details} said...

Wow, I've been dying to see it, this FABULOUS teaser looks amazing! Love the darker island, and that hardware will be beautiful! Enjoy the weekend!

KatieB said...

AAHH! i'm dying to see it! The floors look gorgeous!

SoSimple said...

What a tease!!! That's enough to have me drooling for new kitchen tile. Shhhh, don't tell the hubs. Can't wait for the big reveal.

Holly Gruszka said...

Oh Dana, I absolutely love love love love (did I say love?) that flooring! It's beautiful and up against that dark wood and the light cabinets. Oh it's killer. I can't wait to see this!!!!

KimiKO said...

Is there any way to know what the floor tile is? Please email me koaxaca@yahoo.com as soon as you can :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips