home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, July 2, 2012

Enjoying God's Decor

Can you imagine being able to feast your eyes on this everyday?...
We were blessed enough to spend the last week gazing at beautiful Lake Tahoe. I was blown away by it's magnificence! I didn't edit these photos one single bit...the blues are actually this blue. I'm in love!

Rocks and an ombre lake...yes, please!

 Picnic, anyone? 

 Who knew a lake could look like an ocean? It was really cold and windy the first day we arrived, hence the whitecaps. 

 There's so much inspiration to be gained from nature...color palettes, calmness, texture and even things that are a little quirky. I enjoyed the lines of this tree and how it totally breaks the rules of what you expect out of a tree!

I would give my right arm to hike in this setting everyday. You lucky souls out there who live in the mountains, please tell me you appreciate it the way I would!

Do you ever stop and take a close look at the things around you? I truly believe there are many gifts from nature that we sadly turn a blind eye on daily and don't take the time to appreciate. Sometimes we need to focus on the smaller picture!

While this lake is stunningly gorgeous, it is also stunningly cold! Bryn and Reed were brave enough to venture into the water a few times, but John and I just smiled and waved from the shore.

Ahhh...take a minute to imagine the cool, crisp air and the delicious pine scent that accompanied this view.

Later in the week I'll share some photos from our tour of Lake Tahoe's Castle in the Sky. Talk about literal design inspiration! 

Anyone ready to book your trip yet? If you're interested, shoot me an email and I'll share more details, dfrieling1@gmail.com.

4 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Dana, Lake Tahoe looks amazing!!! Those colors are truly exquisite - what a wonderful place to take a vacation to. I'd love to go there! God is an incredible artist…I think that every time I take my camera out to the garden. You got some incredible shots!! Hope you enjoyed your trip.

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

What incredible photos! Looks like God gave you a beautiful week! Really, really beautiful.

Elise Engh said...

Wow! What a beautiful place! It is now officially on my list of places to visit someday.

jess@hillcountryhomebody.blogspot.com said...

My Mr. was just saying "we should book a trip to Tahoe" to celebrate our 10 year anniversary a little late;) I may have to hit you up for some advice! Glad you guys got to get away and relax.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips