home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Random Act of Kindness #43

Hello, friends. I hope many of you will take today's RAK challenge to heart and make it a priority in your own life. I feel it's an important one!

Meet Honey. She's the kids' great grandmother and she's amazing! When I grow up, I want to be just like Honey. 
Honey's been a widow for the last 30 plus years. She has a busier social calendar than we do! 

As we shared the day with her yesterday I began to think of the men and women who aren't fortunate enough to be surrounded by family. I remember a past conversation with a sweet woman from church who had recently lost her husband. She told me, "My house is so quiet. Silence is lonely."


So, friends, make it your mission in the very near future to share your time and add a little joyful noise to the life of someone who will appreciate it. Now, go out and be kind!


**Speaking of kindness, I've had the pleasure of getting to know a fellow blogger this year. Kristy, from Hyphen Interiors. She's been working hard on a great series about go-to greiges and asked me to chime in on the fun today. Hop on over and soak in a few words of wisdom from Kristy and her friends.**

6 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i LOVE this idea!! when was a girl scout back in maybe 4th grade we visited a nursing home and there was a lady there that i spoke to the whole time.... my mom took me back to see her many times after that. :) it's amazing what youth can do for those who are older and alone.

pam {simple details} said...

Our neighborhood has a lot of older people, they always appreciate even a quick conversation when we're walking by, or a compliment about how nice their yard looks. Looks like your kiddos are lucky to have Honey as their gg!

Hyphen Interiors said...

Aw, I love this idea. I know that is a very lonely time in life and we need to all keep that in mind. Beautiful act. Thank you so much for participating in the series!!

Elise Engh said...

That is so sweet. I have a single friend I need to go visit. She's not technically a widow, but she has no family around. Thanks for the reminder.

Whitney @ drab to fab design said...

Just like the rest of your RAK ideas, this is another great one! I can imagine it gets so lonely.

Anonymous said...

4, atomoxetine online pharmacy - strattera online http://www.stratterabenefits.net/#order-strattera, [url=http://www.stratterabenefits.net/#buy-strattera]generic strattera[/url]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips