Here's a quick breakdown of the surefire process:
- Use painter's tape to mark your stripe. (I've used Scotch and Frogtape and they both work great.)
- Run a credit card along the edge to push the tape into the those little textured gaps.
- Use a foam brush and paint Mod Podge along the edge of the tape to form a sealed barrier.
- Precede to paint with desired color.
- Remove the tape and admire your line. (I remove the tape before the colored paint has time to fully dry.)
If you're the type of person who needs a few more visuals to go along with the process, click here to read another post I wrote about the secrets to stripe sanity.
To show you I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is, here are a couple projects I completed using my Mod Podge trick.
So, friends, don't let those stripes intimidate you anymore. With a little attention to detail and a little Mod Podge you'll be saying texture smexture in no time!