home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Transparent Tuesday


Today's Transparent Topic: Being paralyzed with fear


Have you ever been paralyzed with fear? I was once. It was the wee hours of the morning and my husband had left to go hunting. A short while later, my dog decided he needed to go outside. I sleepily made my way through the dark to let him out then turned to head back to bed. Next thing I knew, I body-slammed into another, much larger, human being. I was stunned! My mind was saying, "Run, run...get away!" But my body was NOT responding. All I could do was scream, the strangest sound that's ever left my body.

Seconds passed, but it felt much longer, before I heard the words, "Dana, Dana...It's me, John." My brain was trying to process this information as I was flooded with emotions. I was shaking from head to toe and could still barely speak or move. John and forgotten something and had come back into the house without me hearing him. Man, just thinking about that moment makes my insides quiver again.

So, in life, do you ever let fear control your decisions? Fear of failure? Fear of looking stupid? Fear of what may/may not happen? What if you missed out on the most amazing opportunity simply because you let fear paralyze your actions?

If we could live our lives in retrospect we'd realize how many times fear got us absolutely nowhere. You've heard it said before, "the only thing to fear is fear itself." So true!

If you're allowing fear to paralyze you right now, I'd love to pray for you. Hand over that fear to God, friends, and allow him to work out those details for you. Leave me a comment or send me an email: dfrieling1@gmail.com.

3 comments:

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

Oh gosh Dana my stomach just fell as I read that! I know exactly what you're talking about though...I had a similar encounter and I couldn't even scream. It was the scariest thing. I think the thing I fear most is something bad happening to my loved ones. I worry about it all the time, and I know I shouldn't!

Piper said...

I struggle with worry and fear, most of which I keep to myself. And I know that God has everything under control! My 7 yr old has a terrible fear of storms and he gets himself all worked up and literally makes himself sick. We are in NC and he has been worried over Hurricane Isaac and we are over 700 miles away. God must have known we would be a worrisome people....why else would he have mentioned it in His word?

becky said...

Yes....Fear is something I battle with. Not in the way you felt ... more subtle. Fear of change ... fear of being in certain one on one situations ... fear of getting old .... fear of being unloved....etc. It isn't paralyzing...but it has been a big part of me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips