home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bamboo Placemat Art

    While browsing the aisle of Dollar Tree, I ran across some bamboo placemats that caught my eye. Immediately, I thought, "Wow, those would look really cool in a black frame!" That's normal, right? I mean, it's a perfectly normal response to see placemats and think artwork.



Here's what I came up with...


                      
                                                                                 AND



This is definitely one of the quickest and easiest projects ever! Here are the details...

Items needed:
Bamboo placemat (varying colors available, pick your favorite!)
tape
scissors
scrapbook paper (in a coordinating color)

How to:
Step 1: Tape the paper insert that comes in the frame to the bamboo placemat. This will keep it from slipping when you begin cutting.

Step 2: Cut along the template.



Step 3: Place in frame. Can't get any easier than that!



Step 4: Think it needs a little something extra? Grab your scrapbook paper and cut out something pretty to place top of this textured beauty. I quickly sketched out a "F" for our last name, Frieling.



Thanks for stopping by. I hope your next trip to the dollar store is just as inspiring! If you decide to create your own piece of art, send me a picture, I'd love to see it!

Linking to the following parties:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The assert of this schooling software is always that -- "The synergistic result of all of these coaching protocols enables any specific, any age to receive unbelievable benefits with just a 5 to seven moment training session three to 4 times for each week.

Check out my web page - kommentieren

Anonymous said...

Hi there! This post could not be written much better! Reading through this articcle reminds me oof
my previous roommate! He always kept talking about this.
I am going to send this information to him. Fairly certain he's going to have a great read.
Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips