home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Dark and Lovely

The past couple of weeks have been overcast and dreary around here. I'm beginning to think it's bleeding into my taste in decor. Recently, I've noticed myself drawn to very dark images. Talk about dramatic!
via
 I love high contrast. Perfection through the matting of the pictures vs. the wall and then again with the couch vs. the wall. Beautiful! I could totally handle a study decorated like this.

via
 I've talked to lots of people who are scared to paint a ceiling a dark color. I say, throw caution to the wind and go for it! Look how amazing it can be. Dark ceilings really cozy up a room nicely. If you're scared of dark colors, the ceiling is a great place to start. Think about it...you're not surrounding yourself with it, you're just adding a splash.

via
 While most of us don't have the luxury of living is spaces like this, it sure is pretty to drool over. I'm not sure there's a house in Texas with non-textured walls. ha! But if I ever have the luxury of helping decorate a space with flat walls, you can bet I'd introduce a lacquer. 

via
Does this picture remind you of anything? Ummm, oddly familiar! 

So what is it? Why are super dark paint colors so intimidating? I'd love to hear what you think!

Are you looking to make some new changes in the New Year?  Contact me so we can get started!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips