home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, December 2, 2011

Decision Time

 I'm not good with unfinished projects and I've had a big one staring me in the face all week long.  It all started here, in case you missed it earlier in the week.

I foresee a weekend of painting in my future. The only problem is that I'm having trouble making up my mind. I've been wrestling with these two images.
via
I love the boldness of these teal bookshelves. It definitely grabs your attention. Every time I see this color I find myself drawn to it and wondering how I can incorporate it into my house.

Then there is option number 2...

via
Strong and masculine! Clean and simple. Totally not "in your face" like the teal. 

So which do you go with? Fun and funky that you may tire of quickly, but will definitely make you smile OR safe and timeless, which means you won't have to repaint any time soon?

I decided to play around with both of these options yesterday and here's a little sneak peek.




Oh, lookie there, it's an arch and molding. Progress, friends!

Ummm, wonder what it'd look like with a little metallic gold glaze?


Learning how to use new products! I've decided I need to stop telling myself "I can't" until I've at least tried. I tell my kids this all the time, so it'd be nice if I'd practice what I preach.


So many choices!


vs.

I wish these pictures were a better depiction of the actual colors, but you get the general idea, right?

So, I'm feeling pretty good about having it narrowed down to my top two then I stop by Kristen's blog and see her wonderful art. Do you see where this is leading?

Kristen F. Davis Designs: Cityscape

I'm definitely not an artist like Kristen, but this does give me a fun idea! Something I've always wanted to try...

And that's exactly where I'm going to leave you hanging!



If you'd like help making decor decisions in your own home, contact me. **Gift certificates available for design services. Add it to your wish list today!**

Have a happy weekend, friends!

6 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Agh...I can't decide, I need to know what else you have planned or going on in the room. Your inspriation pics are both beautiful!

I'm dying to know...hope you're more talented than I am at abstracts! :)

Carly {a simple affair} said...

Agree with Pam! Unsure of what other colors you're adding to the mix. I prefer the safe and timeless and then find fun and funky accent pieces and then you can always switch those around.

Whatever the decision, I'm sure it will look great!

Holly Gruszka said...

I like where this is heading and Kristen is a painting genius so if you're using a piece of hers as inspiration then what you are cooking up over there is going to be quite fabUlous. It looks like you are going for a petina type of look, am I right? But with a nice mix of colors?

remove object from photo said...

We are added much functionality in this Remove object from photo and Remove BG from photo app like remover, clone stamp, background eraser, quick remover, transparent background cloth remover, and stamp cloner.

Totopick Pro said...

I want to encourage you conttinue
your great writing, have a nice day! 토 토

Matina said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips