home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Transparent Tuesday

If you'll think back with me to the first Transparent Tuesday post, I told you I was starting this as a means to encourage "realness" and offer prayer to you in order to cover both big and small requests. Well, today friends, is one of those big transparent topics.

Transparent Topic: Life's defining moments


Have you had one? More than likely, the answer is yes. I'm talking about the type of moment where time stands still and you realize, "Holy cow, this is going to change the entire course of my life!" It may be for better or worse.

Sadly, often these moments are relayed through tragic situations. I can remember sitting in a doctor's office waiting to get test results on a lump in my breast. I couldn't believe that a complete stranger was about to walk through the door to relay information to me that would quite possibly change my life forever. I soaked in my surroundings as I wondered how I would take the news? It was so surreal to me that literally you can go from one moment, living an assumed healthy life, to the next moment being filled with information that you've just received the label of possible tragedy. I was one of the lucky ones. My tests were negative. 

This post today, stems from the recent news of a friend that's fighting for her life as we speak. She's in a coma currently and at one point she had such a high fever that doctors are worried she'll have brain damage when she wakes up. In the blink of an eye, friends, life can change as we know it.

Please let this serve as a reminder to you to hang onto that hug a little longer or take the time to tell a friend how much you appreciate them. Don't take it for granted that there will be tomorrow.

Please pray for my friend and her family. Her husband and 3 kids are in need of a miracle.

Is there something life-changing going on in your life? I'd love the opportunity to pray for you as well. Leave me a comment or email me at dfrieling1@gmail.com.

4 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Oh, Dana, I'm so sorry. My heart aches for her family, you're all in my prayers.

Cassie Bustamante said...

i think you are right- we have all had them. in my case i have had more than just one. but who you are on the other side of that moment means everything. i am praying for your friend, and for you. i pray that she pulls through, and is surrounded by friends who love her like you. and i will definitely be hugging a little harder today.
yesterday i was listening to country music- i don't often, but sometimes i am just "in the mood". i heard a song that was new to me and had tears streaming down my face. it was don't miss your life by phil vassar.... it's all about being too busy with your work to be there for the moments of your family's life... it was just sweet, and a good reminder.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for your friend, so sorry!

Danica said...

**praying**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips