home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, November 2, 2012

Client Office Accessories

Can I tell you how much I love my job?! Last week I met my client at Austin Antique Mall to search for treasures then yesterday I went over to her house to play with our finds and create beautiful bookshelves. We were having so much fun that I forgot to leave in time to pick up my kids from school. Mom of the year award, right?!

Let's start at the beginning. When my clients moved in, their office was a big, brown box. The ceiling was brown, the floors were brown, the doors were brown and the built-ins were brown.


We began to break up the brownness by adding beautiful Burberry wallpaper. Next up was finding the perfect accessories to show off an eclectic mix. The bones of the room are heavily traditional and my clients were wanting to move in a more contemporary direction, hence our eclectic mix.

Office prior to styling

After styling.

We're missing the large wall clocks following a tragedy where one decided to jump right off the wall. I'll post pics again when those are up. The clocks really help pull in the modern element.

Remember when I told you they had ordered a zebra rug? Oh yes...doesn't it look amazing? Mr. Client gets 100% credit for this design decision. He was dead on with this pick.

Check out the black doors. They started out brown too. I love the high contrast between the trim and the doors. Wondering about the wall color?...Chelsea Gray by Benjamin Moore.

A closer look at our fun finds. 



Next up...finding the perfect desk chair and accessorizing the desk.

Happy weekend, friends!

5 comments:

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

This looks fantastic! The zebra rug and burberry wallpaper {swoon} are perfection. Happy weekend!

pam {simple details} said...

Wow, that's come a long way! Great job breaking up the brown with the sophisticated black accents and the styling is spot on!

Kara Paslay said...

Yay! I love office progress posts! Great job Dana! It's looking awesome!

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

I'd love your job too!! It looks amazing in there! Mr. Client knows what's up!

Cassie Bustamante said...

ditto pam! :) it looks amazing! oh that desk.... LOVE! and the accessories are sophisticated and perfectly fitting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips