home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, November 5, 2012

Minimalist Abstract Art

Big walls often call for big pieces of art, the only problem is that those big pieces of art often come with BIG price tags. So, what's one to do if you like this look but don't have the budget? Make your own, of course!

Let's take a look at this type of art in action before I give you a pep talk to tackle your next DIY project.





Here's my attempt at making art on the cheap. Read the tutorial here. My love for this look bled right onto the walls as I used this technique to paint the entire room.

It doesn't have to be one big piece...break it up with 6 and bring in a handful of colors.

Several more inspiration pieces from artist, John McLaughlin.


Great news, friends...if you can paint a straight line, you can create your own work of art! Next time you have one of those handy 50% coupons for Micheals, snag an oversized canvas, break out the painter's tape to ensure a straight line, then BAM! you're set.

Don't think you can pull off the look? Stop doubting yourself and unlock your inner artist.

3 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love your painting! Big and bold. And the best thing about canvas is you can paint over it if you hate it, like the masters did! Thank you for the pep talk - I have a canvas just waiting for something graphic on it!

pam {simple details} said...

I love huge abstract statement pieces, the collection of several is such a great idea! These look easy enough to try!

Abby M. Interiors said...

Beautiful! You always create gorgeous pieces. I have a huge canvas to go over our fireplace that I've been putting off...You always inspire!
xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips