home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Decorating your bedroom without going broke...

As I peruse the endless images of beautiful bedrooms on some of my favorite sites, I'm beginning to wonder about what's hanging out above my head every night. What if you don't have amazing architectural details on the wall where your bed lives? What are some solutions to make this space interesting without going broke on art?

Let's see what the pros have been up to...






Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Good news, friends...this could be the easiest wall to decorate in your entire house! It appears that less is more. In these photos, the other elements in the room are played up and the artwork is kept simple.

 





Of course, not all bedrooms are styled with this simplicity. Here are a few more pictures that have incorporated a bit more.


All images via Elle Decor and House Beautiful

I find both options very intriguing and think you would end up with a beautiful room using either option. But isn't it nice to know that your bedroom can look amazing with having to break the bank?

Which style are you drawn to? Less is more or more is best?

If you'd like help styling your bedroom, contact me so we can get started!

2 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

My architectural detail above my head is a bad ceiling fan, so I would choose any of those options!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

I love all of these. Great inspiration!

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips