home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thanksgiving exploded in my Dining Room!

In one week and one day, I'm co-hosting a decorating party. Right now this is the state of my surroundings.



I have to admit, I'm feeling a little anxious. I find myself waking up in the middle of the night, and darn  if I don't start "decorating" my table, my island, my coffee table...etc. Then, of course, I can't go back to sleep!

I am excited about the party though. I'm partnering with my friend, Jennifer. You may remember her from our wedding adventure, here. She's a floral designer. We've joined forces to provide an evening of short decorating demonstrations then we're going to let our friends get their hands dirty and start creating! We'll walk them through a holiday decor craft and a floral arrangement. We've chosen ideas that can be translated in various different forms so they can adapt what they learn and use the concepts all year long!

I'm dying to take pictures of the progression of things, but I don't want to spoil the fun for those who might be attending. Don't worry though, I'll post lots of pictures after the event and couple these with some how-to's!

So, based on the messes above, do you think I've got my work cut out for me? I know it'll all make sense eventually...right? Doesn't it seem like a tornado hits your room before it begins to take it's final shape when decorating?

I'd hate to leave you without pretty pictures to enjoy today, so here are a few of my inspiration shots.

pinterest

pinterest

pinterest

pinterest
That's it for today, friends! I'm off to make my 134,745th trip to Hobby Lobby and Michaels!

If you'd like help decorating for the holidays, contact me. It'll be fun!

5 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Are you kidding me, you call that a mess, it's the most organized explosion I've ever seen!

Wish I were on the invite list, sounds like such fun!

Wedding Dinner Rehearsal said...

Hi,

Thanks for providing the images of such beautiful and unique decorations of dining rooms. These dining rooms with impressive mahogany set of furniture that perfectly suits the elegant candle stand, and the flowers which give the room a fresh tone. Thanks a lot.

sarah. said...

I'm looking forward to it. I was kind of hoping for spoiler photos when I saw this blog post!

Holly Gruszka said...

This looks like so much fun and a great idea! I can't wait to hear how it went.

Unknown said...

شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى المجمعة
شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى المزاحمية
شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى الدمام
شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى الخبر

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips