home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Glimpses

Hello, Friday, I'm so glad you're here! Any of you share my excitement? We're hoping to go cut down our Christmas tree this weekend. This is a fun tradition we started several years ago but didn't get to do last year due to the drought. They're back open this year but looks like the selection is limited. It'll be interesting to see what we end up with!

The rest of the house is decorated and anxiously awaiting the tree's arrival. I've noticed lots of bloggers saying they've kept it simple this year and I'm right along with them. I've never been one to decorate every square inch with holiday decor. I can appreciate it in the homes of others, but when it comes to my own, I'm very content with little touches.

I love laying wreaths of tables. An easy way to fill up a large space.

I found these pretty little trees at World Market. They always have super cute accessories.

I love miniatures. See the tiny presents surrounding the candles? We had friends over for dinner last night and their little girls couldn't wait to get their hands of these and unwrap them. Too funny! But, so disappointing when they found out there was only a white foam cube inside.

Of course there'd be a few deers as part of our decor. Anyone surprised?

Nothing better than lighting all the candles and soaking in the warm glow.

These trees were my after Christmas sale purchases from last year, marked down super low at Pottery Barn. I thought about wrapping the pots in burlap, but honestly, that meant one more trip to Hobby Lobby and I'd already been there too many times in one week!

Candles, mercury glass and crystal...if that doesn't spell Christmas, I don't know what does.

Don't think candles are the only things that go on candle pillars. In my house, if it fits, it goes.

Thanks for checking things out, friends. If decorating is on your agenda this weekend, hopefully you've seen something today that will inspire you in your own home.

4 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Have a wonderful time, such a great tradition ~ I can already smell the pine! Your simple touches are beautiful, love the deer!

Cassie Bustamante said...

love the snow with presents!

charmaine said...

Love the deer bowl! Have a great weekend!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Hope you find the perfect tree this weekend! We are going to get ours tomorrow too. Can't wait!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips