home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My secret weapon {Transparent Tuesday}

I have a secret weapon that gets me through life. Every Thursday I meet with a group of friends and we pray for our kids and their school. Our group is in its third year together and these women are truly amazing.


We come from different backgrounds, different religions and different cultures but we have one thing in common...prayer. It's powerful hearing other mothers pray for your kids. It's also powerful knowing that many have experienced what you're experiencing and their words of wisdom will help you through. 

Talk about transparency...we often meet without make-up and still in our pajamas! These women know the "real" me. They know I'm not a perfect mom and they like me anyway. Gotta find comfort in that, right?!

One of the things we do each week is pray scripture over our kids. Each child's name is inserted into a specific verse. Typically I mark it in my bible and read it to Bryn or Reed later in the day, but last night I had an epiphany. Why not write it somewhere they'll see it everyday so it'll penetrate their heart even deeper? 

Here's what I did...

They share a bathroom so I used a white board marker to write the verse on their mirror. Each week I'll switch it out with the new verse. 

I love the thought that God's hope, direction and promises will be visible to them on a daily basis.

Mom's in Prayer is an international group and has personally been a great resource for me. If you'd like to find a group, or start a group, for your school click here to learn more.

3 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

That's so great that you take the time to do that every week, Dana. The power of prayer is no small thing.

pam {simple details} said...

My friends that belong to Moms in Prayer love it! You're a wonderful mom, hope Bryn and Reed know how blessed they are!

Kim T said...

I am SO doing this ... my daughter writes on her mirror all the time, this is so great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips