home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, December 14, 2012

Client Entry

I finally made it over to snap a few shots of my clients' entry and their crazy cool lamp. I shared their entry moodboard previously but now you get to see the real deal!

I love how the light dances around on the table and accentuates the curvature of this space.

The first thing you'll want to do when you see this lamp is touch it! It's so intriguing and draws you right in to try to figure out how it's constructed. My first thought when we saw it in the store was, "I could so make that out of ribbons!" But, as I looked a bit closer I quickly decided I should leave this one to the professionals machines.

I decided to keep the tabletop clear and the art simple so the light becomes the main attraction.

The Solis Lamp comes in three different sizes and is marketed to be displayed in groupings. Powerful impact, but a bit pricey when multiples enter the picture.


You can hang it a couple different ways or use it on a tabletop like we did.


Kinda fun, right? Know what I love most about their entry? It's original and it's unexpected. What a great conversation piece as guests enter their house!

Happy weekend, friends.

6 comments:

Starr said...

Very nice piece! I haven't seen anything like that before.

pam {simple details} said...

Seriously ~ you have the coolest clients! What an amazing statement, I was intrigued with the shadows!

A room with a view said...

Gorgeous piece and you are right to leave it as is - it is utilitarian and artistic at the same time. Quite a statement piece! Enjoy your weekend, Dana!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

That light is so cool! I love the effect of the shadows it creates. And the art looks great too! Nice job Dana!

Abby M. Interiors said...

Perfection. Loving everything you do! I'm so glad they agreed to this light.
Abby

Brown Orain said...

thanks for your informative post. grass carpet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips