home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Imitation is the highest form of flattery...

Several months ago I had a consultation with a client/friend. We discussed several areas in her home that she's looking to spice up a bit. She wanted to do something fun on her ceilings. I began emailing her options to get a feel for her interests. Nothing seemed to float her boat until she saw Pam's crazy cool ceiling. There was no hesitation. She saw it. She loved it. We did it!
Pin It



Can I just tell you how much respect I have for Pam, as a designer? This was no easy task and she made it look effortless!

Nailhead trim, who would've thought?!

Did I mention I will never be influenced by one of Pam's great DIYs again? What took her around half a day to complete, took me six!! At one point, my friend asked, "How much do you think it'd cost to buy Pam a plane ticket to come down?"

My friend is officially banned from reading Pam's blog! Just kidding, you both are great and your patience with me throughout this project was much appreciated.

If you're a patient person and want help with a project in your own home, contact me. I'd be honored to work with you.

9 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

your ceiling looks amazing, too!!!!!! it does look like hard work.. but high impact!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh man I love that ceiling treatment!! I knew Pam's would start a design trend all across America! :)
You have some serious perseverance Dana - it came out great after all your hard work!!!

pam {simple details} said...

Totally flattered, sweet friend!!! You did an awesome job, she must be thrilled! That ceiling looks 3x as big as mine! And, to clarify, it did NOT take me a half day!

I'm feeling pretty lame I want to copy your sea urchin diy! :)

Michelle said...

It look so totally amazing! I can't believe your patience... so impressed!

Natalie said...

Wow, what a cool idea! It looks incredible!

Unknown said...

You go girl, that ceiling is a heartfelt form of flattery and looks great in your friend's DR. And I agree....Pam makes all of her projects look so effortless, she has skills, that one!
Cathy

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

Oh it's amazing!!! I can't imagine how long that would take me....but wow, does it ever look good!

A room with a view said...

Pam's work was amazing and you have truly done justice to it. Such a great idea.

Hyphen Interiors said...

Ha! Too funny. Well, it looks awesome. I love that treatment and want to do it, but I am a bit scared of how frustrated I'd get! :) Love Pam's design.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips