home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, February 17, 2012

Warehouse sale...worth it?

Is anyone else glad it's Friday? I've been looking forward to this day all week. Can I get an amen?

I was talking to a dear friend last week and she was mentioning how hard it is to find good furniture. Her complaint was that all the "big" stores carry the same lines and "everything looks the same." This conversation spurred me to think about creative places to buy unique furniture. 

My absolute favorite place to find great pieces is a warehouse sale. Have you heard of Four Hands? They carry high-end furniture that's waaay out of my budget. But lucky for me, Four Hands has a quarterly warehouse sale that allows people like me to buy crazy good furniture at affordable prices.

Make sure you check out these price tags as you scroll through. Many of these pieces are more than half off the original price! Yes, you read that right.

Awesome coffee table, anyone?

Oh, if I only had room for this beauty to come live with me!

Wouldn't these be great in a playroom or kid's bedroom?

Chairs galore.

Don't forget the lighting.

This rug is marked down almost $1000 and it's a huge rug, not to mention beautiful!

Once again, how about a $955 markdown?!

Crazy cool tortoise shell. Oh yeah, it's also a light!

More trunk goodness.

Reclaimed wood table.

Tufted greatness mixed with industrial fabulosity.


Anyone ready to hit the next sale with me? Let me tell you, it's an event. My girlfriends and I mark our calendars and literally line up waiting with baited breath to get in. It's a mad dash and you'll literally see people sitting on pieces to stake their claim! Who knew furniture shopping could turn into a competition?

So, the moral of this story is...think outside the box when it comes to places to shop. Check around and ask others about sales and most importantly, don't let the word 'warehouse' scare you off!

I hope you're weekend is a great one, friends. No school on Monday, so it's a long weekend for us. Happy kiddos in the Frieling house!

I'd love to help you find budget-friendly furniture for your own home...contact me! On-line and in-home consultations available.

10 comments:

Carly Haslee said...

Tufted greatness is right. And those trunks? Amazing! I need to find a place like this is Wisconsin. I can always count on you to help find unique places with amazing prices! Enjoy the long weekend--we still have school Monday...

Michelle said...

Yes, please! I wish we had somewhere like that in KC! Looks like a blast!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

WOW! What unique finds featured here- and I can't believe those markdowns! Looks like a dream.

Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil said...

Oh man! I'll take one, or two of everything!

A room with a view said...

I absolutely love unique pieces and it certainly helps if the prices are affordable. I love anything with the Union Jack on it and that coffee table is fabulous. Interesting light fixtures, too. We have winter break so have to add "keeping kids occupied" to my daily plans:)

natasha {schue love} said...

OH what an awesome place! Love all the unique furnishings and accessories!! I wish we had a place like this nearby!

Hyphen Interiors said...

WHY did I miss this post?! Please tell me when these are and I'm so there!!!

Unknown said...

I just take a peek and I discovered your blog. Hope I discovered this post earlier so that I recommend this to my friend. Any updates for another warehouse sale? Big thanks.

Best said...

Book the Best Movers Near Me with movingnearme.com, compare free moving quotes, save huge by comparing moving companies near me. Best Movers Near Me

kenwood said...

The distinct kinds of technologies used in manufacturing mattresses are most likely a lot more numerous compared to advertising traps which agents produce to advertise them freight broker

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips