home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, February 20, 2012

Peek-a-boo paint test

Happy President's Day! What better way to spend this holiday other than painting?!

That's exactly what I'm doing today. I'm super excited to be making progress in my daughter's room redo. The ideas have been whirling around in my brain for months now and today's the day when installation begins!

Last week we finalized the paint color. Thought I'd share a little paint testing tip...what do you do if you're not ready to commit 100% and you're not sure you have the original paint color on hand to cover up your tests if you hate them? You put your samples in a discreet place, of course! I chose a spot behind the chalkboard in her room. Why not paint something fun while your at it?...

Yep, little heart paint sample hiding behind the chalkboard. 

Curious what paint color we decided to go with? Here's a clue (I kid you not)...
That's right, friends, Rhino by Behr.

Based on the name, you'd think we're going after a dark grey, but it's actually a light color that reads very blue.

So stay tuned as we take her room from this...



To something more along the lines of this...

Man, I wish I could just blink and it'd be done. It's going to be 1000 times better than before!

If you're looking for a little help or inspiration in your own home, contact me. I'd love to work with you.

8 comments:

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I know the end product will be gorgeous! Can't wait to see it. :)

design elements said...

interesting to see the end product. happy Monday

SkinnyMeg said...

Ohhhhh excited to see the transformation!

Miki {Becoming What I Always Was} said...

How cute is that headboard in the second picture? love it!

pam {simple details} said...

Oh my goodness, is she just beside herself?! My vote for the hamster is...Shugar! :)

Michelle said...

oooh! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

So exciting that it's all coming together! I can't wait to see it.

A room with a view said...

This is going to look great..excited to see the color on the walls, Dana.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips