home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Random Act of Kindness #21

My blog has been really lacking in pretty pictures this week. With the exception of Katie's nursery reveal, of course!

To make it up to you, I'm planning on incorporating several pretty pictures into today's RAK challenge. How's that for killing 2 birds with 1 stone?!

Want to play a game? Oh, good, I was hoping you'd say 'yes.' I'll show you some pictures and you figure out what the RAK challenge is.

Okay, Go! Here they are...



What's your guess?... Man, you guys are just too smart! 

Just in case you got distracted by these incredible closets and forgot we were playing a game, I'll go ahead and spell it out for you.

RAK Challenge #21: Clean out your closet and donate your excess to charity or a friend in need.

I like to follow the rule, "If 2 new pieces of clothing come into my closet, then 2 old pieces of clothing go out." This helps my closet from becoming overly cluttered. Also, I'm helping someone else out at the same time. There's no reason to hold onto things I have no intention of ever wearing/using again!

Think your up for it? I'd be willing to bet you will benefit from this random act of kindness just as much as the recipient!

Have a great day friends, and remember, there are 20 other RAK challenges just waiting to be tackled. Search in the box on the sidebar if you'd like to find more.

5 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

I thought you were going to come organize MY closet! Great idea for helping others, friend!

Miki {Becoming What I Always Was} said...

This is a great idea! I love Thursday RAK days! I honestly was thinking you organized someone's closet. I was way off. I like you're idea more though =) Have a great Thursday!

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

Great reminder! I leave an old shopping bag in my closet and then I try to follow that rule that I get rid of something every time I bring a new thing in. Having the shopping bag there makes it a lot easier!

A room with a view said...

Wonderful! This is something I am in the midst of doing right now. It is one of my favorite things to undertake and especially when I have a bag or 2 of good items to donate. I thought you were going to say "clean out someone else's closet for them" which I do regularly for my kids :)

Carly Haslee said...

Love it-I think I did 10 bags the last time I went home. It had been too long, and I didn't follow your rule. I always pulled the, well it still fits, maybe I'll wear it one day? Felt great :) xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips